Sunday, December 2, 2012

Diversity Event

          Christina said that my diversity event is allowed to be one of the events I went to for my make up. I got a lot of information out of all four of those events. The one that interested me most was the Planet Money diversity event. The guys were very humorous and kept my fellow classmate and I very entertained.
          Adam Davidson and Alex Blumberg were the speakers at this event and I wish I could compliment them on their ability to keep the crowds attention! They told us all about how in our eyes, the economy all together is going straight down the drain, but really Iowa's is not. Iowa has one of the highest unemployed rates in the nation! They came out and told us that our economy is actually striving compared to many of the surrounding states.
          They talked a lot about Ben Bernankle. He is supposed to be the "superhero" when it comes to our economy and the nations debt. They couldn't stress "superhero" enough because that is what he's being called in many magazines such as Times Magazine. Ben is the Federal Reserve Chairman, which isn't government ran. They are what is in charge of the amount of a dollar bill. This is why he is so important towards debt and economic succession.

No comments:

Post a Comment