Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blog 1

The time I personally believe I was at my best or at my top was the night my high school football team beat the Harlan Cyclones. It was a perfect fall night under the lights. The Cyclones had always been a big rivalry team for Carroll High, ever since i was a young boy. The entire week previous to this game was filled with practices and preparations to take down Harlan for the first time in 47 consecutive years in football. This was a HUGE feat for us. We went in the underdogs and came out on top. For the first two quarters we went back and forth scoring touchdown after touchdown, but after halftime we finally broke loose with a 94 yard kick return and after that the momentum completely shifted. We went on to beat Harlan 48-24. The first victory vs. Harlan in 47 years!! We were all at the top of the world at this point. The game was the highlight of my entire athletic career, and will always be remembered. Some of the main points I recall are my first touchdown of the season, and receiving over 160 passing yards in the game. It was quite the experience and i will forever remember it. The next week was amazing. We were constantly being congratulated and constantly getting brought into conversation with town's people over the game. Articles were written in many different papers about us. It was a very special experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment